12 February 2011

Gluten Free Week: Day 6

I know I already posted an enchilada recipe, but apparently I was supposed to be Hispanic because a TON of Mexican food can be GF ... what, with all their corn tortillas and all. But seriously make these. They are so easy and the best chicken you will ever marinate.

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

1 cup honey
1 cup lime juice
3 Tb chili powder
1 Tbsp minced garlic

2.5 or 3 lb COOKED chicken, shredded
3 cans black beans
corn tortillas
colby or monterey jack cheese, shredded
2- 14oz. cans GF green enchilada sauce

Mix first 4 ingredients together and toss with shredded cooked chicken. Let it marinate for at least a half hour. (Personally, I like to let it marinate over night.) Fill corn tortillas with chicken, beans, and shredded cheese. Pour the rest of the can of green enchilada sauce over enchiladas then sprinkle with more cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments: