21 January 2011

Nuthin'

It's 8:30 on a Friday night. Kids are at grandma and grandpa's. Tim is laid up, knocked out, recovering from his looooong overdue shoulder surgery this morning. I'm awake and I don't even have to work. I have nothing to say. So I'm going to ramble. Bear with me.

*Today I am grateful for technology that helps fix us when we're broken. Especially when years of more conservative methods have failed. I am grateful for competent doctors who make it seem so easy.

*I'm also thankful for narcotics. Oh yeah - so is Tim.

*My husband is a stud. He hasn't complained once. It may be because he has such an awesome nurse here to take care of him. (No, we didn't hire a home health nurse. Yes, I am talking about myself.) And the narcotics may be playing a small part.

*I miss my kids. A lot.

*They love their aunties, uncles, grandmas, grandpas, and cousins. I called tonight and asked if they wanted to come home, and they both answered with a resounding NO! You think it would hurt my feelings that they would rather be there than here, but it doesn't. They are lucky they have so many people who love them so much. I hope they know it, and always remember it.

*Being a working mom is never something I ever had planned for my future. But here I am. And as tired as I am, I am grateful for the opportunity and ability I have to work. I am embracing it.

*My house is an absolute disaster area. I don't even care.

*January is hard. But I ran 7 miles in the sunshine yesterday. In my new running shoes. And I averaged 9:28 minute miles. January or not, it was awesome.

*This is my blog. I am allowed to complain on it if I want to.

*Life can get hard. I'm not going to pretend otherwise. Not even on my blog.

*Shout out to Auntie Rachel! It's her birthday. For her gift, I let her have my kids for the day. She took them bowling.

*At this point, I think we are going to have to make out a custody arrangement that splits the kid's time up at least 6 different ways. I don't ever know whose weekend it is.

*I miss my sister, Em. And Gunner. Oh, OK. And Timmy.

*Shall I keep going?...

*Tim and I went to a Jazz game. I wore purple. Apparently, that's not even one of their colors anymore. Boo. It was still awesome. I am a fan. I heart you Ronnie Price.

*I will be running 10 miles tomorrow.

*I really, really want to move. But I love my teeny, tiny, messy house. Even when it feels like the walls are closing in. I never knew what it meant to "outgrow" your house. But it really is like outgrowing your jeans. It's just getting so tight in here that there almost isn't room to breathe.

*Might be because it's January.

*Talking about being real on the blog: check this out.

*I'm not even going to close those cupboards tonight. It feels good.

*And with that image, I bid you goodnight.

2 comments:

Rachel Dean-Dastrup said...

That was, by far, my favorite part of my birthday yesterday! They were so funny and I laughed so hard, as I usually do when i'm with them.

melanie said...

Thanks for being so real Katie! I love it.