03 January 2011

29.

Yep. That's right. Today I am 29. It was a good day. Instead of cleaning my house, I read a book. Then my family "surprised" me with bringing up homemade Cafe Rio salads, complete with cilantro lime dressing (Thanks Sara!) and we finished off with GF chocolate cake and ice cream. Well, it was supposed to be a surprise party, but I was reading in my room, and Mia and Jack came in to get me for dinner and Mia said, "Dinner's ready! And EVERYONE IS HERE!!!!" Surprise! Yes. It was definitely a good way to start off my 29th year. I'm going to enjoy it, because next year I am officially going to be old. For real.







3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday, Katie!! I'm glad you got a good day -- you definitely deserve it, you hard-working woman, you. :)

jenica said...

wahoo! happy birthday, mama! does it count if i thought of you all day yesterday, even if i didn't call? happiest and healthiest of years to you all. xoxo

Brianne said...

Happy bday! I actually thought of you and remembered that it was your bday on the 3rd. Impressive eh? You look great...I mean it! You are still a spring chicken!