It's back to work I go ...
It seems like this last 6 months have been some long, hard months for us with no real end in sight. Since Tim's line of work seems to be going down the toilet (along with the rest of the economy) we've decided the best thing to do is ... go back to school! (GAG!)
Just when we thought Tim was done, here we are starting from square one. This is his last semester before he graduates with a bachelor degree in Aviation Maintenance Management, and I thought we were going to have a huge graduation Par-Tay! But instead, we're going to have a Going-Back-To-School-Again-For-Your-Second-Bachelor's-Degree-In-Something-Totally-Unrelated-To-Aviation-Extravaganza, which includes me going back to work so he can focus on his studies.
We've batted a whole bucket full of ideas around. Me going to nursing school. Tim getting his MBA. Tim going back into the military. Tim working for Hogle Zoo. Giving up and going on welfare - who needs a job, anyway?
I voted for me going back to school. After all - shouldn't we be switching off who gets what degree? He gets two before I get one? How fair is that? But, in the end, me going back to work as a certified nursing assistant at a rehabilitation center to barely pay for living expenses ,while Tim goes back to school won. (I'm convinced that Tim's vote was biased ~ 'cause I'm pretty sure he just wanted to see me in scrubs.)
We're taking this huge leap into something that, I feel, is going to be extremely hard, and I keep throwing a Jackson sized fit at Heavenly Father and screaming, " BUT I DON'T. WANT. TO!!!"
He's not budging.
So we're taking the leap, and are putting some serious trust in Him that the needed blessings will come.
Thank goodness I can budget like nothing you've ever seen - cause it's going to be a long 3 years!
10 comments:
That can't be easy. But it seems, in my experience anyway, that the things that are the hardest are often the most rewarding. Good luck with everything, Katie! You guys are in my thoughts!
you can DO it. *all night long*
but seriously, you can, you will, and great things will happen. i promise.
(((hugs)))
i'll bet you're hawt in scrubs.
Go Katie and Tim!!!! You guys are young... you can do it!!
I still think you're SUPERWOMAN!
You guys will be fine! Do it now so that you can spend time as a family (once Tim gets that degree).
You both will be learning. You will get more experience with Nursing.
I think that you should just become a writer! No kidding, you have such a way with expressing yourself and either making me laugh right out loud or cry like a baby! Maybe you should become like a gossip columnist for the paper or something or be one of those cute ladies on good morning utah. Or write a book on parenting. I think you could write a 700 page book on nuclear waste and it would capture our attention and make it interesting.
Katie seriously you are amazing and i know you can do anything! I love you and if you need anything let me know.
But seriously you really should think abt writing..... :)
Katie I love your attitude!!! What a gooberish thing to have to start over again but it sure will seem like it went by fast when it's all said and done. (I can't believe I'm done with school and I actually have 2 associates degrees...shouldn't that just automatically equal a bachelor's?) So are you in your same house? I wish you luck at the care center. I did some clinicals in some down here and it truly takes special people to be able to do what they do. I could not handle it. So way to be a trooper.
At least your work wear will be comfy! Scrubs wash and wear well. I am proud of you both. Going back to school seems nuts on the surface, and since you've both done it before you both know, but it is great to see you making the "ultimate" sacrafice to take care of your family. You will make it, somedays you will feel like you can't do it, but the next day will come and you'll get up and do it again and then again, because that is just the kind of person you are. So much love....
Well if you end up going the MBA route, my sister's husband got his in a year. There's a really good accelerated program up in Logan. He's got a great job now and it's seemed to have worked out. He started out as a History major and taught high school, but still couldn't make ends meet even with picking up a second job. So sorry to hear things didn't go as planned.
Post a Comment