01 August 2008

6 Word Memoir

Jenica tagged me to write a 6 word memoir about myself. I thought about it for days, and it came to me last night around 2 am while I was lying awake because Rocky Mountain Power, while performing their annual maintenance, shut our power off, and therefore all our fans and air conditioning.

Here it is:

Outward strength reflects my inner struggle.


I suppose you're not supposed to have to explain your little memoir, but I'm going to anyway.


I love to exercise. I don't dread it. I look forward to it everyday. I discovered my passion for sweat and pain about 7 years ago in a kickboxing class, and that passion spilled over into step aerobics, lifting weights, yoga, etc ...


I find that I workout better when I'm stressed out. I love to turn that stress into adrenaline. I've tried training for a few different half marathons, but I've discovered that I only enjoy running when it's less then 5 miles. Anything beyond that and I start to get bored.


My current passion is lifting, and today I did my first unassisted chin-up.

Boo-yah!


And so, if you see me bicep curling 50 pounds, you know there's probably a storm raging inside because:


Outward strength reflects my inner struggle.


(I'm tagging Jenn, Melanie, Emily and Timmy, Lindsay, and Rachel.)

4 comments:

Heather said...

OH I LOVE IT! Makes me wanna go to the gym now....

jenica said...

love it. thanks for playing. i think it's much better than mine!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Love yours. But I still have to think about mine for a bit. I was afraid of getting this tag :)

Lindsay said...

This is a tricky one! I'll think about one, though. :)