14 July 2008

Rachel Got Married.





I'm not sure who in their right mind gets married in the middle of July - we were all smoldering for the pictures - Rachel and Devin most of all in the yards and yards of fabric and the black suit - but I suppose it turned out OK in the end because I lived through massive heat stroke to write this post. And, sadly, I look like I have massive heat stroke in the above picture, with my hair plastered to my head and all. I'm not sure if Rachel and Devin survived, however, since we haven't heard from them - which is to be expected. I suppose we'll find out if they don't return from their honeymoon in a week.


Also, I would like to take this time to thank Rachel for letting us pick our own bridesmaids dresses because, despite Mia's cuteness, I doubt that dress would have looked as good on me, red flowers and all.


It was a gorgeous wedding. I suppose I should write at least that much, because I'm sure I could go on about every little detail and bore everyone to death .... but I won't, since most of you were there.


My favorite part was the butter cream pie with raspberry sauce and whip cream. And the chocolate cake. And the chocolate covered strawberries.


I loved the sparklers at the end, as Rachel and Devin walked (or ran, rather) under them on their way out. We didn't even burn the reception hall down.


And I will leave it at that because I need another nap to recover from the weekend.

3 comments:

jenica said...

love your commentary. what a beautiful bride. i can't wait to see and hear more. ;-D

xoxo

Unknown said...

It was a gorgeous reception. I'm glad we made it. (Reagan loved the candy table.) And I'm so happy for the two of them! It was great to see you too.

Heather said...

It was so good to see you! I'm glad we got to chat for a bit! The reception was SO amazing. I still remember the smell of all the beautiful flowers as I walked down the path! That was a great place to hold it too!