I know I just wrote a post about how I was going to be out of the blogging scene for a while, but it's 12:30 A.M. and I'm still awake. Unfortunately. I've even gone so far as popping a few sleeping pills that I just know are going to kick in any minute now ....
Anyone who knows me well knows that I am always in bed before 10:30. Few exceptions. But, since I'm awake at this unholy hour of the night, I guess now is as good a time as any to tell you my newest drama queen story.
I haven't talked about it much to anyone because I get so emotional about it. I'm either gonna cry my eyes out and end up blowing my nose on your shirt, or lash out in an irrational anger that is completely socially unacceptable. Take your pick. They're both pretty ugly.
So. I've been searching my soul this past week to see if I can remember anything I've done in my past to make karma hate me so much. I can't think of anything so terribly horrible ~ maybe a few white lies here and there, and there was that one time ... So it must be Tim's fault. Either that, or the Buddhist's were way off with this whole karma thing.
Tim got laid off last week. Again. The company he was working for didn't get some big contract they were waiting for to come through, so there go all the new employees they just hired. Let go with a hand shake and a kick in the rear on their way out the door. Oh yeah - and the door hit them in the rear on their way out, too. And he had a flat tire shortly afterwards. And my washer just busted. And I have to go stand in line at the DMV tomorrow. GASP! Dare I continue?
So he's home again - which is good. Jobless - which is bad.
And yes, thank you for reminding me how great it is that we didn't sell the house. For the hundredth time. I really do think it's great, you have no idea how great, but if I have to hear anyone say it to me again, seriously for the hundredth time, I might break their nose.
It's like reminding someone that Hey! It could be worse!! At least you're still breathing!!! Because that's about the only thing going right these days. We are just thankful to be alive and breathing. And even some days I have to reach up and check my pulse to count my heartbeats just to make sure. Because it feels like I've died and Gone. To. Hell.
((Oh - and all ya'll who say to someone who just had their hopes and dreams ripped out from underneath them to, "Look on the bright side! It could be worse!" You need a swift kick in the pants.))
Yep. That just about sums it up.
10 comments:
Oh, Katie! I'm so sorry! I know I'm all the way across the country, but if there's anything I can do to help, please please please let me know!
I just want to say I LOVE YOU. And you can blow your nose on my shirt anytime you want.
Katie if you need anything, please please please let me know. If you need a minute to just think or cry I am only a fifteen minutes away just point me and the kids to the nearest park. Or whatever.
We'll keep your family in our prayers. I love you & I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of you.
i was holding my breath the whole time i read that. oh katie. they say when the _ _ _ t hits the fan, it really hits. it does. it really does.
dont even know what to say
Oh Katie. This one is not a funny one. What can I do? Something great is about to come your way.
:( Sorry, sweetie. (((((HUGS))))
(((hugs)))
i am so sorry. you have every right to be feeling every emotion that you're feeling.
i hope you know how much i love you.
xoxo
KATIE-BUG! My heart is aching for you now! I can not fathom the right words of wisdom, that would provide comfort and relief for your family! I only hope that you know your surrounded by people that love and care about you endlessly!
Post a Comment