20 April 2008

Pick A State. Any State.

Apparently there's a shortage of A&P Mechanics everywhere in the U.S. (and the world, for that matter). Everywhere except Utah, that is. We've been holding out for a job here in good old Utahrrr, but not one single thing has surfaced. Not a ONE! I mean, Tim could deliver pizzas for the rest of his life here in SLC, or maybe break his back doing cement work for $14 an hour, but we're not sure we're ready to retire with Dominoes. So here are a few places that have contacted US with job offers, without Tim even applying for jobs with their companies. Where do YOU think we should live?

* Canada. (Anyone who chooses this option is un-American - except my friend Rachel. She's Canadian - it's not her fault. And we don't even know where in Canada. They just said Canada.)

* Mobile, Alabama. (I can't even think about this place without directly linking it back to Forrest Gump.)

* Raleigh, North Carolina. (We wouldn't have to get a family dog if we moved here. My curly hair would automatically scream poodle.)

* Indianapolis, Indiana. (Where exactly IS that on the map?)

*Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. (I don't even know what to say about this one.)

* Coeur D'Alene, Idaho. (Can you say that without a fake French accent?)

* Long Beach, California. (No, we would not live in Long Beach. Tim would only have to commute about an hour and a half. One way.)

* Somewhere in Michigan. (Thanks, I'll just move back to Alaska.)

* Tennessee. (Refer back to Alabama.)

It's good to have options, but I think I'm just going to blindfold myself and throw a dart at a map of the United States.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote Mexico City, or was that on your list? Where are you working? Where do Jackson and Omi go while you're at work? Where's your darn sister, Rachel? I miss her. I miss you too. Buena Suerte!

Krysta said...

RALEIGH, RALEIGH, RALEIGH, RALEIGH!!! (pretty obvious why I would vote for North Carolina!)

Lindsay said...

When we lived in Muncie, we were about an hour away from Indianapolis. I don't know...I think Indiana's a great state, and the capital city's not too shabby. At least, we enjoyed our time there.

Heather said...

I'd vote for Couer d'Alene. It's simply gorgeous there!

Bleen said...

I'm just going to ignore the snarky remark about Canada...no I'm not...yes I should. Ohhhh you Americans. ANYWAYS, I vote for Indianapolis. Why? Well it's only 2 hours away from us, it's a really nice city- not scary, our definite choice to fly out of (we have 3 major cities we can choose from). There are areas that are really quite beautiful. I think you'd like it. And we can hook you up with a place to stay and babysitters should you want to househunt. Tempting!

Brooke said...

Katie you would survive anywhere! All of the placed that you mentioned would work out great. Of course, this is my opinion. Good luck choosing one. At least we will all be able to stay caught up with your blog! You are so great at typing and being informative.

Unknown said...

That's a hard one. I guess I'd stick to the dart too. Since I'm not good at decisions.

Tiffy!! said...

I vote Idaho, It is sooo pretty there. My nephew is currently serving in Spokane WA and that is part of his territory. It's really close to Spokane so that means cheap flights to UT.

Brianne said...

Arizona!!!. I'm sure they have a need but haven't contacted you yet....it is warm and sunny all year long. Plus it is still close to Utah, fam and friends. Matt and I will definitely retire there or at least in St. George. I am not a fan of the cold.

Amy said...

My vote... Mobile Alabama. It is pretty there too. But I really don't know what the other places are like. I wish you all the best!!!