The baby is a the topic of a lot of conversations here at our house these days. When will it be here? How big will it be? What are we going to name it? Yes- we probably need to buy a car seat. And set up a crib. And get a few diapers. Will it be a boy or a girl?!? We all have our opinions about that:
Tim: He's been right twice. He started out saying this one is a boy. Then he had a dream. About a baby girl. With curly red hair. Heaven! Help! Me! Don't get me wrong- I love Mia's red hair. Love it. Let's just say she can be a very ... passionate(?) spirited(?) child. And the curls? Well, each baby has stolen some of my curly hair, only both Jack and Mia have pin straight hair, and this baby has taken more than its fair share of what was left. Those curls better be going somewhere!!
Me: I think it's a boy. I had more nausea with Jack than I did with Mia, and for longer, too. This baby takes the cake for morning sickness though. By far. 25 weeks worth, with episodes still hitting me now and again. I also have the linea negra, like I did with Jack, but never had a trace of it with Mia. Although this line isn't quite as dark as the one with Jack, it goes from the bottom of my uterus, past my belly button, and all the way up to the top of my uterus and seems to keep growing with me every week. And I have dreams of baby boys although none of them are ever *my* baby boy. But, there's a catch- I'm 0-2 in the gender guessing game.
Jack: He thinks it's a boy. Just because he does. And because I'm not sure he wants to even think about the possibility of having another red headed bossy sister. When I tell him that my brother, Bobby, has *5* sisters, he wants to cry. And by "he wants to cry" I mean Jack. AND Bobby.
Mia: Shortly after I found out I was pregnant, but before we told the kids, Mia came into my room at 4am and said, "Mama, I had a dream you had a baby in your tummy and it was a girl." Since then she has changed her mind back and forth between a girl and a boy. Today, I think she's going with boy.
Most of my family: They think it's a boy.
I guess there's only one way we're going to find out! But I think I better get a car seat and a few diapers first.
2 comments:
I'm 0-3 in the gender guessing game otherwise I'd make a gander at what you are having as well. Third pregnancies are the worst I've decided. In the small sampling of you and me anyways. Can't wait to see pics of your new addition and hope all goes well with the delivery!!
I'm going on the record to say girl. but I'm like Mia, I change my mind daily too.
Post a Comment