I wasn't going to buy pictures of the marathon because, frankly, they were way overpriced. I mean, who wants memories of THAT? Not only was it very much hellish, I was dripping in sweat and barely moving across the finish line, not to mention the fact that most of the pictures they got weren't very flattering. I mean, I was wearing a fanny pack, people. But then I thought, “Hey. It’s my one and only marathon in this lifetime.” Seriously. For all of you wondering if I would ever do it again, here’s a BIG FAT HELL NO! Why? Because, well .. it sucked, for one. Actually, although it was excruciatingly painful (I forgot to take Motrin and my i-pod died after 3 songs – probably because I put Tim in charge of charging it ... I think he did it on purpose), it was the fact that it was so time comsuming that I didn’t see my children, take care of my spouse, clean my house, cook dinner, or do anything else but run for 4 months. I'll stick to half marathons, thank you.
So, click play on the music video, and sit back and enjoy the most excruciating moments of my life. And don’t judge me because I’m wearing a fanny pack. It saved my life. And if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, get up and run in sloooww motion to the music. For 4 hours and 40 minutes. Then you’ll know how I felt.
*Seriously, you have to listen to the music while you watch this slideshow*
3 comments:
SWEET video!!! haha i'll stick to 1/2 marathons too
BAHA!!!!! So cracked up when I heard the music! You are amazing though! I am glad that you did get some of your photo's. It's still a rare and amazing challenge that you were able to complete! So cheers to you for doing it, and cheers that it's over!!!!!
Good job!
Post a Comment