30 May 2011

Fish.


We took the kids fishing this weekend. One of the perks to living where we do now - we live about 15 minutes away from our favorite fishing marina. Someday, Tim wants to get a boat with a trolling motor. Then we can catch "real" fish.



Despite the lack of a boat, I'd say we made out pretty darn good.




Believe it or not, this isn't Jackson's first fish. He caught one once, in this same marina, when he was 3 years old. By accident. With his miniature "toy" fishing pole. When dad and grandpa didn't have a bite all trip. Then he fell in the lake. Good times.






We also caught and collected rocks.





Mia wanted to grab that poor fish by the gills. Then she wanted to eat it. But we let the little guy go instead. I'm pretty sure baby girl would have killed and gutted it too, if Tim would have handed her his pocket knife.




Some of my favorite childhood memories are here at this lake. Some of my other favorite childhood memories have to do with fishing and camping. I hope my kids have some of the same favorite memories.

1 comment:

Jen and Allen said...

So fun. I love camping as well and I dont like to eat fish so I have a hard time chatching them just for the fun of it but I will fish if some one else is going to eat it for me. Looks like you had a blast.