*Tim's growing his facial hair out. Apparently it's March Mustache. Anyone heard of this or is Tim using this as an excuse to be lazy? His mustache is seriously out of control, and his goatee is long enough I could probably make several small ponytails out of it. The long mustache I hate. I mean, who likes getting facial hair up their nose every time they kiss? The goatee part I haven't decided if I really love it or really hate it ... Along with the facial hair, he is growing out the hair on his head. Since it was buzzed before, and it's been about 2 months since he cut it, it now looks like a small white boy afro. Overall, he looks like a creeper. Please, March, be over soon.
*In the middle of writing this blog, I stopped and took my kids to the park. I should do that more often.
*I haven't run in 4 days. I am beyond tired of running. I hate running. It is making me depressed.
*If Mia's teacher told me she was kissing kids in class, I would have passed out. If she told me Mia had been hitting kids in class, I would have believed her.
*Sometimes when I've had a particularly hard day, or I just can't sleep, I go into the kid's room and crawl into bed with them. Somehow I doubt this will be OK much longer. I don't think 16 year old Jackson will appreciate his mom crawling into bed with him to snuggle.
*I get more comments on Mia's hair than I can count. It's getting long, but it's as straight as a pin, and it takes a whole bottle of hair spray to hold a curl. She's also incredibly tender headed and cries every time we brush it. Where did this hair come from?!?
*This winter has been particularly hard. I am having a hard time snapping out of it. Even on sunny days like today.
*I love Megamind. Enough to buy it, even. I have never spent $20 to buy a movie. For real - I won't even spend $20 on a pair of pants. But I spent it for Megamind. We've watched it probably 15 times already.
*I don't wear makeup most days. The days I don't wear makeup are far more frequent than the days I do wear makeup.
*My kids think reading Stuart Little is just OK. They think reading Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets is AWESOME! Kids these days ...
*I am done being random for today. Now, I'm going to read our new Scholastic book order books we got today, including If You Give A Pig A Pancake, Smelly Socks, and Hiccupotamus. (With the kids, people. Not by myself. It hasn't been that hard of a winter.)
4 comments:
Randome thoughts from Jen
I love ya... but thats not random. I read kids books for fun so I guess Im nuts. Just started running... should I stop? I need sleep and $20,000.00 Oh and Why are some leftovers better than they were fresh and some stuff so gross as leftovers that you hope they walk out of your fridge before you have to eat them?
It's raining here...Emily probably has mentioned that...it has rained for about a week straight...I am going stir crazy...story time today...my youngest likes to wake up at 4:40 in the morning and won't go back to sleep...my middle child doesn't like to eat, but loves to drink milk...my oldest likes to argue with me more than I'd like to admit...life is pretty good!
By the way, kids books are awesome. A good kid book can really make me laugh anyway!
haha I can totally see Jackson trying to kiss all of his friends. Honestly I could see Mia trying to kiss all her friends and when they tell her to stop... that's when the hitting would start!
I seriously look forward to your blog. It's very real, and fun to read. You have always been an excellent story teller to boot!
Post a Comment