02 September 2010

Off To School.

Jackson is a September baby. He turns 5 in 2 weeks, and since the school district's rule is "5 by September 1" that means that he has to wait a whole year before going to kindergarten. Personally, I'm relieved. I wasn't ready to send my baby to kindergarten. Was he ready? Probably. He's learning to read. He knows how to add and subtract small numbers. He loves playing with friends. So, lucky for us, the schools in our area offer Pre-K. 4 days a week. 3 hours a day. Perfect.

First day. It was raining. Hence the 'hood.'

Parents got to come and stay this day to help with the transition. Not that he needed me to. While other children were clinging to their parents legs and crying, Jackson was front and center. He only looked at me a few times, just to make sure I was OK, give me a thumbs up, and a smile.

Mia, however, was not happy to be left behind.
(But, seriously, look at that amazing hair.)

2 comments:

Bleen said...

Poor sweet girl! I have a feeling we're going to have a similar post in a few weeks. Rowan starts preschool Sept 21st.

Rachel Dean-Dastrup said...

awwww too cute and too sad.