Things started out pretty innocent when we took the kids up to Park City to enjoy a little outlet shopping, some delicious Red Rock food, a little Cold Stone ice cream, swimming in the hotel pool, and then a 10 K the next morning.
We got to our 10 K up at Soldier's Hollow. Beautiful, beautiful running scenery.

I tied my shoes super tight for this run. I usually keep them loose, but I really didn't want to lose them ...

On this route.

Because if I didn't lose them on the big pig climb, they were for sure coming off on the slop'n'slide, or most definitely in the pig sty.


At this point of the obstacle course, we had already run 6 miles up (countless) muddy hills, leaped over hay bales, army crawled through pipes, hauled our dirty butts over muddy walls, hopped through a tire pit (and fallen - on my face, I might add - the guy who was video taping
promised me
that video would not show up on You Tube. Or America's Funniest.), run through a quagmire of stinky lake water with mud up to our knees, flew face first down the world's biggest and muddiest slip'n'slide, to end up here. At the pig sty.

Where we jumped right in. To freezing mud. Up to our waists.

And crawled. And swam. With our
mouth's wide open.


If you notice Sara back there, we had to go under the flags. And if you also notice me, my mouth is
still open.

And OPEN. Ever wider. For the love. CLOSE YOUR MOUTH!

Until we came to the mud wall. Where Sara threw mud at me.

And Tim smashed mud all over my head. Not that it made much of a difference at this point. And what do you want to bet my mouth was open?

But we made it. 6 miles of obstacles and mud. And more mud.
Then we went and took a frigid, public, co-ed shower. With about 5,000 other muddy people. And I would post pictures, but they are not decent for respectable folk. True story.
I'm still pulling mud out outrageous places. Like my nose. And ears. And toenails. Will I do it again? Most definitely. But next time I'm going to keep my mouth closed.
5 comments:
Holy COW! You make dirt look like fun!!!
Wooo! That was the most fun in the mud I've EVER had!
That is one of the craziest things I've ever seen!
Haha That is so awesome. How young do they let people in to compete? cause Savannah would have a blast!
That is the sweetest thing I have ever seen!
Post a Comment