But seriously. My kids watch T.V. We don't have cable, but I'm pretty sure my 4 year old self- learned-himself to read watching a little Sesame Street and Super Why. Or maybe saw a few moral lessons learned on Little House On The Prairie. And he called me a miscreant the other day, and he knows what it means. And the Wii Fit Yoga he gets to play once a week at grandma's house - I don't know - seems O.K. to me.
So to all those nuts who keep trying to make me feel guilty because my kids enjoy a little Thomas the Train - chill. Here at our house, a little public television now and then seems doing alright by us.
4 comments:
Really? Somebody is trying to tell you how to parent your own children??? All I can say is I have a hard enough time parenting my own without "helping" parent someone elses.
He also uses words such as pedestrian, carnivore/omnivore/herbivore and decomposing... and what's even better, is he uses them in the correct sentences! He also knows more about dinosaurs than most people I know. In fact, he told me some information on dino's and just to see if he was making it up, or knew what he was saying, I looked it up. Ya, he was right on with his information!
Oh, and while i'm bragging about my super smart nephew, I'll throw in there that Mia says some of these words and can tell you what it means!
Hey I say whatever works. In fact my kids are watching tv right now so I can blog surf..
My 2 and 4 year old are watching while I type. It keeps me SANE!
Post a Comment