08 October 2009

Do You Want The Good News Or The Bad News?

We have good news here at our house. Tim landed a job with a company who's moving their posse up here to Utah. Dugway, Utah to be exact. (About 1 hour and 20 minutes away from our current location. But, hey, who cares about a 2 hour 40 minute round-trip commute when you just got offered a killer job, right?) He's going to be working on their remote controlled airplanes. (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles if you wanna get technical. You may have seen the news article a few weeks ago.) We're stoked, naturally, only he has to go down to warm, sunny AZ for 6-8 weeks of training/helping with the big move. That leaves me a single mama starting next week. Yikes! Talk about a serious juggling act gonna be happenin' at our house. Thank goodness to my wonderful family who are stepping up and who are willing to help. Because I'm barely juggling my load right now WITH a husband here to help with children, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and did I mention children ... So, if you don't hear from me for the next 6-8 weeks, don't be alarmed. BE alarmed if you don't hear from me after that because that means I didn't make it out alive ....

10 comments:

Jen and Allen said...

We do hope that you make it alive. Haveing a Hubby gone for that long is killer... I know I have been there... and I didnt have kids so I know that must be even more trying. Good luck to you both love ya.

Lindsay said...

That's great! Congratulations! (And best of luck...)

melanie said...

Glad you have family willing to help. Good luck!

Ashley Thalman said...

I am a rather talented last minute babysitter so don't hesitate!

Anonymous said...

I"M SOOOO EXCITED to have my babies here more! haha Jeanie and I and Sara have lots planned :) And I promise not to teach Jackson any more naughty words.... ummmm ya

Anonymous said...

Yeah for a job! I know you'll be just fine, and I concur FAMILY IS THE BEST! (especially ours) I hope all goes well!

The Betitas said...

I am absolutely not helpful:( If you all get COMPLETELY desperate, someone can always fly with the kids here and they can move in to my house. I would LOVE IT. I'll be thinkin of ya all, let me know how it goes!

Amy said...

Yeah! Yeah!!

We should meet for lunch sometime and be crazy together!!!

Lori Buhr said...

Tim and you are always welcome in our extra rooms for trysts or whatever they call it when two married people pass out from exhaustion in the same bed. I know that his parents are only a few miles down the road in Erda, but you can catch germs and diseases from people in Erda, so you should stay here. (Just kidding Tim)

jenica said...

i was driving by red iguana, or i should say your house, last week and wondering how all things were going. so glad to hear he's got a job!!! will you be moving out to tooele? let me know what i can do to help!