19 June 2009

Two. Sucks.

Year #2 is already proving to be more difficult than year #1 for our favorite red head. In addition to getting into everything - and by everything, I mean EVERY. FREAKING. THING. IN. THE. HOUSE. AND. YARD, the little mischievous (naughty is probably a better word) baby girl thinks it's funny when we discipline her. And by "discipline" I mean time outs (which are more or less US dragging HER into the corner) and, yes folks, even swats on the hand and butt. (There. I said it publicly. I spank my kid. Sue me.) She actually laughed at me today when I put her in time out. Which made me even more frustrated. And when I tell her, "Be nice!" she tells me, "YOU be nice!"

She is the master biter- pincher- hair-puller-hitter-pusher here at our house. I guess the experts would probably say that stems from me swatting her hand and butt. Because spanking doesn't work. Damn right it works. Pretty sure the "experts" never had to raise a defiant red-head. And I'm also pretty sure that the beatings I got growing up most definitely stuck with me and taught me not to be a little turd. But, hey, I'm not the one with the PhD.

Let me give you a run down of today from the time I got home at 3:00. Oh, wait. Mia was asleep when I got home and didn't wake up until 5:00. So, we'll start from 5:00 until 8:30 when she went to bed.

She:
*pinched Jack 30 different times
*tore a library book to shreds
*ripped her diaper off and streaked around the house laughing hysterically four different times
*climbed onto the counter and got into the medicine (which has since been moved to a different location - luckily all she got this time was tums)
*colored on the wall in her room
*got into mommy's makeup and painted the bathroom and her face with a combo of mascara and lip-gloss
*dumped about 3 gallons of water out of the bath onto the bathroom floor
*took a full container of strawberries and dumped half of them outside and the other half into the garbage
*ate a full packet of gum
*drew a picture on Tim's college transcripts

ALL IN THREE AND A HALF HOURS.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Lol! She'll probably always be a little firecracker but hopefully she can learn to tone it down as she gets older! :)

Anonymous said...

wow. and today she is being just ever so cute. sounds just like a red head... but wait, some of this crazy behavior sounds like me, so maybe it's not so much the red head as it is being a girl!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love our red- heads, she sounds like she'd give Savannah a run for her money!

Brooke said...

Oh boy Katie. You do have your hands full. I love hearing the stories non the less.

Jen and Allen said...

Maybe she will get it out of her system and be a great teenager... I would much rather have an obsinate two year old than a 16 year old who wont listen and does every thing you tell her not to. Good luck. Yeah I wish that the comment box had spell check but you get the picture right?

Tevye said...

Mia act like that? Never!