Having a three year old in the house sure does make the whole 'Santa' thing a lot more fun! Or, it would if Jackson actually liked Santa. He's more of a Grinch fan. In fact, he's going around telling people that the Grinch has stolen his Christmas tree, his lights, and all his presents. I have actually had more than one person come up to me and ask if we were doing OK for Christmas. Because, you know, if we weren't and my kids weren't getting anything, I would definitely tell them that it was the Grinch's fault.
I mean, my three year old isn't getting the cell phone and i-pod he asked for this year, but a few dress up clothes, a book or two, some Thomas toys, and some stocking stuffers are just going to have to do. I seriously won't be surprised if we get a bag of Sub-For-Santa stuff on our doorstep this year. So, if you're reading this, and Jackson has given you the impression that he's destitute, he's really just trying to manipulate you into bringing him more gifts because, as far as I know, the Grinch missed our house this year.
8 comments:
haha. o dear. I think that Jackson has got it down. He obviously knows how to work the system :)
Haha I wish we could remember when we were 3 years old, and all the hilarious things we said! He certainly is a character!
Oh Jackson! He makes me laugh! Anyway, I now have all the parts to make his new Thomas the Train blankie. Hopefully he takes to it once it's finished!
well you can tell him that the grinch stole emily and timmy's christmas tree and lights and presents too! he is not alone and i am dropping hints here!
LOL! I love your blog! And I am grateful that Aidan is a good kid, I just have to repeat myself a million and a half times!
The second graders did "The Grinch" as a reader's theater on Dec. 18th for our parents and it was so fun! Poor Jackson! If he uses up all his fun when he is 3 what will he do when he is 4 or 14? Life is ALWAYS interesting with children, no matter what age they are. Hint: our parents are still laughing at the things we still do, they just don't think we are quite as cute as we were when we were three.
What a crack up! I hope you (and Jackson) had a great Christmas!
That's Hilarious! My nephew is into grinch this year too. Must be a boy thing.
Post a Comment