If you want to feel better about your family, just go to the state fair.
That's where we were last night. Too bad my camera batteries died, or I would've had some sweet pictures for ya'll. I guess I'll just have to tell you.
First we shared a Navajo taco. Then Jackson got a corn dog. Then we ate burritos. Next was the all you can eat ice-cream tent (where I had to body slam the kid who cut in front of me because I was determined to get the last scoop of burnt almond fudge). Then, suckers from SLC police department. And last, kettle corn.
We went to the Little Hands On the Farm exhibit where Jackson got to plant a potato "seed", milk a cow, brush a sheep, ride a tractor trike, and get a treat.
Tim took Jack down the big slide. Twice. That's the only ride I'm comfortable with him riding at the fair. I have this unfounded phobia of fair rides falling to pieces while we're on them. I can just see the ferris wheel falling to apart while I'm at the top.
We watched part of the tiger show before the kids got too cranky and tired.
Then we came home and went into a coma because our systems were on grease and sugar overload.
Ahhh. I love the state fair.
6 comments:
I have the same fear of rides that get moved around the country! I blame my dad though. We might make it to the fair this week, we shall see. Although as much as I LOVE fair food, doesn't sound like it's good for the diet.
Sounds like fun. I have not been to the fair in a long time... but We did get Grandma Dean to ride the fariswheel with us that was fun.
In all honesty, I don't know if I have ever been to the fair! If I have, I have poor memory or its just been a very long time ago! Since I live out here, I just dream of what it would have been like to have been able to spend a fun day with Jack and Mia!
oh man, those are the kinds of things i avoid. haha me no likey
What? You guys didn't try to the fried snickers or friend PB&J? ... we didn't either!
Glad you had fun!
Navajo Tacos and Kettle Corn. I remember that stuff! If you go to the fair here, its Funnel Cakes and deep-fried-everything-you-can-think-of. Seriously. They deep fry oreos and snickers and twinkies and PB&J's, to name a few. Gotta love the South!
Post a Comment