25 July 2007

Root, Root, Root For The Home Team


We spent most (and I mean most) of our 24th weekend watching one of the greatest American past-times ... baseball! We watched six baseball games in 4 days, five of which were Bobby's. ((For those of you who don't know my dad and brother that well - our house revolves around baseball for most of the year. My dad has coached Bobby's teams all the way from T-ball, to city league, to super league. Nothing beats last year, though, when Bobby was playing both city league AND super league and had 4 games a week! Did I mention that my dad was the coach for both teams? And I have failed to mention that the movie Field of Dreams is my dad's theme movie. That man single-handedly built a baseball field that his team now plays on. We have started calling him Kevin (Costner - for you non-baseball fans). Did I mention our lives revolve around baseball?)) The 5th game we saw was Salt Lake's minor league team - the Bees - since we're too lame to have a major league team.


And despite my love for the game - anyone who knows me knows I am the least competitive person they know. That's not to say I'm not athletic - meaning my regular self. (Not to be confused with my post-partum-two-babies-in-two-years self. Because not even I recognize that person.) I'm too sensitive for competitive sports because there is always a loser. And the loser feels bad. I'm more into non-competitive sports. Is there such a thing, you ask. Yes, there is. Step-aerobics. Don't laugh. They may not have step-aerobic championship step-offs, but it is definitely an athletic event. Have you ever tried to do a V-step-mambo-side kick- triple knee- around-the-world without falling on your butt? And if you DO happen to succeed in coming off the step with both feet on the ground, you don't have to worry if you just ruined the championship game for your whole team. That's my kind of sport.


MLB - here I come!

That's not a peace sign Bobby's flashing - they took 2nd in the Pioneer Day Tournament!

1 comment:

jenica said...

i love little league! my brother played and i LOVED going to the games. there's nothing better than watching your lil bro take the series.

and yes, i'm with you on the non-competitive sports. hehe