17 July 2007

We are the proud new owners of .. a mini-van! I'll just let THAT one sink in ..... I told Tim when we got married that I would *NEVER* drive a mini-van. An SUV ~ ok. But NOT a mini-van. Funny how dramatically your priorities change when you have children. Because, frankly, the coolness factor of driving a van is next to nothing. And yet, somehow, I feel like it's some kind of strange rite-of-passage into motherhood. (Like giving birth wasn't?) Maybe it's because we live in Utah ~ mini-van capital of the world. I mean, we're Mormon. Aren't we supposed to have 10 kids and drive a mini-van? I've got the mini-van now, but I guess I'm behind a couple of children. I mean, I'm 25 for crying-out-loud. I've only got a good 15 reproductive years left (give or take). But, seriously, does this mean I have to get the relief-society hair cut now?


3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hi Katie! Hooray for blogging! I've linked you on my blog so I can keep up you and your little family. :)

Also, minivans: I have mixed feelings about them, too. Have fun with yours. At least it's a MINIvan and not an 18-seater. Though, like you say, you've got a good 15 reproductive years left -- maybe one day you'll need that 18-seater. ;)

jenica said...

so excited to see you here! it will change your life... for the better!

Lori said...

You're so funny. You know you're really old (like me) when you've long outgrown that mini-van (and the Suburban) and you're back to the small gas savers you drove pre-children. Love you, Lori