05 July 2014

Baseball Tournaments, Camping, More Baseball Tournaments.

We had a *super* busy week.  We traveled to Steamboat Springs, Colorado the last weekend in June for a baseball tournament.  We camped there for 5 days. (Yes I camped 22 weeks pregnant..again! With Jackson I camped in Denali, Alaska for a week at 24 weeks pregnant.  With Emmett I camped at Yellowstone for 6 days at 28 weeks pregnant.  I am officially DONE camping while pregnant.  For reals this time!). We came home, and then Jackson played in the 4th of July Firecracker Tournament.  In the middle of the baseball tournaments, I worked some extra night shifts.  I am beat! Here's picture overload of our adventures.

We camped at Hahns Peak Lake, about 45 minutes outside of Steamboat.

 Grandpa and Metty, hiking

 He did not want to turn around and go back to camp, even though it was raining.

 He got over it.

Skipping rocks

 The littlest Pirate.  Emmett wants nothing more than to play baseball with the team.


 Playing ball in Steamboat Springs.  The Pirates took 3rd place.  They lost their semifinals game by 1 run in overtime. There were a lot of tears from the boys.  They played their little hearts out!

 When we weren't playing/watching ball, there was a lot of target practice going on.  Mia is better with the bow and arrow, and Jackson is better with the sling shot... or so they say.

 And Emmett is better with the pop gun.

 We took a detour on the way home and saw the dinosaur quarry in Vernal.


 "Take A Hike" 

 Our last games this season - Firecracker tournament in Heber on Thursday and in Orem on Friday.

 Baseball is very serious.

 Jackson is an awesome first baseman.  We have nicknamed his glove Kirby -like the vacuum- because it sucks everything up that comes his way!

We were all worn out after baseball.  It was almost 100 degrees, and we played ball until 8PM! We had a late BBQ at my parents and then did a few fireworks in their backyard.  Emmett was fascinated and kept saying "Please! More! Please!" and "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fun summer stuff. What a nice campground that was.