We went snowshoeing in January for Rachel's birthday! It was a lot of fun, although my kids only hiked about a mile in before they got tired.
I have the best helpers! Jack was on Emmett duty, and this is what I found: silly hats and story time.
We had Emmett's baby blessing the first week of December, right before I went back to work. It was bittersweet going back to work, but Daddy has been awesome on the nighttime baby duty, and I enjoy getting out of my crazy house 2 nights a week.
This winter seemed particularly hard. I think it was a combo of being postpartum, adjusting to 3 kids, and the fact that it was miserably cold for so long. In February we took a mini-vacation to Las Vegas and soaked up some sunshine at the Hoover Dam.
Just like Jack, Mia is a good helper. She was on Emmett duty and it was eerily quiet for a while ... this is why. I thinks he needs a sister. Eek!
This past weekend I ran the Canyonlands Half marathon in Moab. I wasn't able to train as much as I usually do, mostly due to cold weather and having a new baby that I couldn't take out into 5 degrees to run. However, it was a great race and I finished in 2 hours 11 minutes, averaging 10 minute miles exactly. Not my fastest, but certainly better than I expected!
Tim is such a great daddy! He takes such good care of us, and I never worry when I leave the kids with him.
We finally started Emmett on solid foods about a week before his 6 month birthday. His reflux got significantly better after a few trips to the chiropractor (Yes! They adjust babies! I had no idea - but it was a miracle for his colic!) He loves, loves, loves food. He says, "Mmmmmm" every time we feed him. He was 19 pounds 14 ounces at his 6 month check up, and 28 inches long.
This is Emmett at about 4 months old. Since this, he has learned to sit up, army scoot, get on his hands and knees and rock, and is just starting to crawl. Time is flying by way too fast with this little guy!
After the half marathon, we went hiking around Arches. It was windy, but nice to be out in the sunshine.
All my sisters were able to come down to Moab! It was so nice to have Em and her kids here for a while!
Family of 5! I carried Emmett around in the K'tan, however, next time we go hiking I'm going to have to get a real backpack for him. 20 pounds in front is way too much to hike around with!
Snapped this gem during bath time one night. Blue Steel- I think he's perfected it!
Sometimes he looks like Mia. Sometimes he looks like Jackie. Sometimes he just looks like himself.
I can't believe he's so big and cuddly!
And here's Mia snowshoeing. Told ya they weren't going to be in order.
Look at that round face! And those chubby legs! I just can't get enough squeezing in!
Jackson played Jr. Jazz this year, and as you can see, he took it very seriously. He was aggressive and won Best Defensive Player. As much as we love baseball, basketball might just be his sport. (These pics were taken by my brother-in-law, John. Thanks John!)
Mia is a natural at gymnastics. The gym she was going to closed down, and now we are just waiting to get into a spot at a different gym. She absolutely loves it.
Mia wrote "I Luv My Familie." I am such a lucky mama!
And this concludes the update. It doesn't even cover a fraction of our lives the past 3 months, however, the baby is now awake, and so it has to be the end.

1 comment:
Happy to hear you are well!
Post a Comment