22 December 2012

I "Sit On A Throne Of Lies."

I thought I would be a cool mom and do the portablenorthpole.com video for Jackson and Mia this year.  If you don't know what this is, it's a website that makes a personalized video from Santa to your kids.  However, if you do this, make sure that you put in the child's correct birth date, and not their older brother's birth date.  Because if you do it wrong, your 5 year old will be upset when Santa says, "You're 7 years old, aren't you?"  Because Santa is supposed to know everything.  And when she turns to you for advice and clarification, you're going to have to tell even more lies about Santa. 

Also, if you're going to do Elf on the Shelf, just make sure you are fully committed.  It is of utmost importance that you move the elf every. single. night.  Otherwise, well, you're just lame.  I frequently wake up with Emmett at the 4 am feeding and panic because Nipper (our elf) is still sitting in the same spot he was in yesterday.  And to all the mom's who make the elf do sneaky, naughty things - what's up?! Your elf is not setting a good example to anyone by dumping flour all over the kitchen to make snow angels.  Plus, you're making me look bad.

And don't worry if your 7 year old's favorite song is, "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day, you gave it away."  He is, by the way, giving his heart to Emmett this Christmas, because he gave it to me last Christmas, apparently.  Really~ don't worry, 'cause his heart is big enough to go around.

1 comment:

Bleen said...

Oh I love this! Those videos are great. I did one for Rowan where Santa chastises him for not doing so great about telling lies. Hypocritical in retrospect. We don't even do Elf on a Shelf here, so we're lamer than you. And Nadia's current favorite song is Maneater. Festive, no?