27 May 2012

Remembering.

Remembering.  Here's to Memorial Day, and all military members, past and present, as well as their wives and families, who also sacrifice.

"A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself." -Joseph Campbell
 Tim, South Korea 2002

"Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong." -James Bryce

Tim's Baby, Afghanistan, 2004

"Each man is a hero and an oracle to somebody." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

South Korea, 2002

"True patriotism isn't cheap. It's about taking on a fair share of the burden of keeping America going."
-Robert Reich
 Afghanistan, 2003


And just because I found this gem stashed away in our pictures, and because I can...

Tim, Basic Training 1999

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh Love the pics! Thanks Tim for the service.
By the way you guys are famous. There are lots of people here in Tooele that know you (or Tim). I just learned my good friend Rachel Shepherd went to Provo high and knows you, had seminary and other classes with you. FUN! Small world eh? Hope you're doing great!