18 March 2012

Winter Trips.

We've taken 2 trips into warmer weather this month. First, we went to St. George on a whim. This winter has been exceptionally difficult for me, as I've been either barely working, or laying in bed hugging a puke bowl wondering if anyone has ever died from nausea. This pregnancy has been, by far, my most difficult. I was so tired of being cooped up, and literally just being in my room makes me wanna puke, so we left for some sunshine. Lucky for us it was super warm. We even got to go swimming outside.





Then, this weekend we went down to Moab for our 4th annual half marathon. Unfortunately, I didn't get to run the half marathon this year, and was totally bummed. However, I did run the 5 mile. Actually, I don't know if "run" is the right verb. More like "kindda jogged." But it's OK. I felt amazing, and I crossed the finish line in 59 minutes 20 seconds. That's like 11.8 minute miles! I came in 37th in my age group (out of 73) - and I'm about 4 months pregnant people (give or take). Feels amazing - considering I thought I was on my death bed a few weeks ago.

And unfortunately I forgot my camera. Booooo! pregnant brain! We had plans to hike Arches, but I could barely keep my eyes open, so my nephew Gavin, Rachel, and I took a nap, and the kids went hiking with their dad, Auntie Sara and Uncle John.



And also unfortunately, the nausea is back today, but it's not quite as bad, seeing as how I'm sitting in an upright position to type this, which was more than I could do for roughly 9 straight weeks. Baby steps here, folks. 11.8 minute mile baby steps.

3 comments:

Bleen said...

I'm with you on having the hardest pregnancy yet. I keep thinking to myself "Did I really do this 2 times already? Because I can't believe I'm doing it again!" The fact that you are working and running races through it makes me feel like a fat couch potato though. I'm in awe.

Rachel Dean-Dastrup said...

You're amazing! You forgot to mention the delicious dinner you made! I ate better down in Moab then I have in a while- thanks to you and Sara :)

Anonymous said...

Uuuuggggghhh. Sorry for the sickness, my sentiments. Glad you got to get out to the sunshine! Great job on the race though! XOXO