I take my very last test of nursing school (excluding state boards) in 6 weeks.
6 weeks?!?!
It is looming so close, yet, whilst in the trenches, it seems so very, very far.
6 weeks!
How come that is totally FREAKING ME OUT?
Sometimes I wonder if nursing school was really worth it. I feel like I've lost a lot, yet gained so much. Most of my friendships are - well - nonexistent. I'm at such a different place in life than most other women I know. It's hard to maintain relationships when you're already putting in 60 hours of work, school , and clinicals. Any free time is spent trying to catch up on kids, laundry, homework... And Tim? Who's Tim?!
In the words of Jackson, who was quoting none other than Dr. Seuss:
"This was no time for play. This was no time for fun. This was no time for games. There was work to be done." 18 loonnng months worth.
Thank goodness for my parents, sisters, little bro, and the always encouraging husband. At least they've stuck around so when I take that last little test I might be able to find them again.
So was nursing school worth it?
I don't know. But I'm about to find out.
2 comments:
Of course it was worth it! You have been working so hard...what an accomplishment!! Good luck these next few months!
and 6 more weeks til our cruise!!
Post a Comment