23 March 2009

We Are The Champions...




We (me, Tim, my mom, and my 2 sisters, Sara and Jeanie) ran the Canyonlands Half Marathon in Moab this past weekend. 13.1 miles. Up and down the canyon hills. Next the the Colorado River. With a long list of injuries between us (including tendinitis in both knees, turf toes, shin splints, hip flexor issues, and a neuroma).


And it was SO FREAKING AWESOME!!

I can't even convey to you the awesomeness. I'm still on a runners high every time I think about crossing the finish line.

Here's how it went down:

*Wake up 6:00AM

*Stand in line for the shuttle up the canyon

*Wait in the freezing cold canyon for 1 hour

*Psych each other up

*Wait for the gun to go off at 10:00AM

*Start running with 5,000 other runners down the canyon

*Lose everyone else on my team to the crowd within the first 60 seconds

*Find Jeanie about mile 2

*Lose Jeanie about mile 4

*Run, run, run

*See my family on the sidelines at mile 13, cheering and screaming my name

*Cross the finish line

*Feel a huge sense of accomplishment

*Wonder what to train for next ....


AFTER THE RACE...

Sara, me, Jeanie



Me and a mountain man




Sara, Jeanie, me

Tim, me, mom, Jeanie, Sara


The rest of the day ...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all...you all look great for just having run 13.1 miles. Hope everyone is on the mend. What an amazing accomplishment!!!

Lindsay said...

Way to go, Katie! What an awesome accomplishment! And I love how happy you look in those pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry! I never got you those pictures. wow. thats really sad. i'll have devin send them ASAP

Sara said...

Excuse me while I toot all our horns, but we do rock, don't we? Especially with all of you on the injured list! We should train for the Provo River Trail 10 miler in June next and then the Hobble Creek half or Provo River half marathon in August next.

Brianne said...

Good for you!! Tim ran too? That is sweet. I wish I had the motivation. Way to be.

jenica said...

so freaking proud of you! i hear that's the very best mary to run in the state. you all so totally rock.

xoxo

The Betitas said...

Good job team! Amazin!

Heather said...

that is amazing... good work lady! i am in awwwww