Dear Readers,
I realize that my blog has been lacking. Lacking in really good, solid, entertaining content as well as in frequency of updates. I'm going to blame it all on nursing school. Truly, I am beginning to wonder how people ever survive this horrific event. For example, right now I'm supposed to be memorizing lists and lists of drugs, and I'm having trouble pronouncing them let alone figuring out what they are supposed to do. (dexmedetomidine HCl, anyone?) Just so you can try to understand a little bit more of why I can't and don't blog, let me give you a typical day in my life.
WORK DAY:
4:15 AM Alarm goes off (And every time I think, "What the *&#$!")
5:20 AM Leave for work
5:45 AM Clock into work
12 hours of poking people with needles or doing EKGs
6:15 PM Clock out of work
6:45 PM Arrive home
7:00 PM Make dinner (since Tim's usually out on a job)
7:45 PM Bathe 2 toddlers, read books, say family prayer
8:30 PM Put kids to bed and get myself ready for bed
9:00 PM Go to bed (AKA: Pass out)
SCHOOL DAY:
6:00 AM Alarm goes off
7:20 AM Leave for school
8:00 AM 2 hours of Nursing Fundamentals
10:00 AM 2 hours of skills lab
12:00 PM Study for 1 hour while scarfing lunch
1:00 PM 3 hours of Pharmacology
4:00 PM Drive home
5:00 PM Go running
6:00 PM Eat dinner (Make it if Tim's not home)
6:30 PM Put on movie for kids so I can study
7:30 PM Bathe kids
8:00 PM Put on another movie for kids so I can study
8:30 PM Put kids to bed
Rest of Night - Study (until my eyes bleed or I pass out)
And repeat. 5 days a week.
Saturdays are my only days "off" which usually means cleaning my house, running, and then studying off and on all day long. Sundays involve church, and I try to do little to no studying this day, but sometimes it's inevitable, as you can imagine.
And as you can also imagine, I'm freaking EXHAUSTED! And, I don't get to see very many "real" people. (Nursing comrades excluded.) I have zero to negative infinity contact with my friends. I see my family on Saturdays for a bit when I go to Provo so my parents can see the kids, and also so I can run and then study with little interruption.
And you can imagine my absolute horror when I thought I was pregnant about 2 weeks ago. Thank goodness for negative pregnancy tests. (Everybody exhale slowly.) Heavenly Father hasn't seen fit to do that to me. Yet.
How long can this go on, you wonder? Well, hopefully 14 more months. If I'm lucky.
3 comments:
aaaggg i'm going to bed. just that post made me exhausted. good. night.
Oh my, Katie. No wonder you're so tired! You know, when I have rough, exhausting days, I often think of you -- and if you can keep doing it, honestly, so can I.
You my friend are either one crazy lady, or the most dedicated mom/wife/student/magician I've ever known! (I vote the latter)
Post a Comment