03 June 2014
#4
This is how we announced that we are expecting baby #4! He is not kidding!! In fact, the above might be a slight understatement. I don't think my life has ever fully recovered to "normal" status since Emmett was born. I feel like it's utter chaos all.the.time. This is the first and only time I had super, SUPER strong promptings that there was another little person waiting to come to our family. I don't know if this kid is just impatient, or what, but this baby and Emmett will be 26 months apart. I can seriously say it was a hard decision for me, but how do you say no to a prompting like that? Plus, it was a little bit of a shocker going back to baby mode when Emmett was born. Mia and Emmett are 5 years apart, and going back to being tied down to a diaper bag and the house for nap times was hard at first. I'm still in baby mode, and so why not just get it done! Right?! Right!?!?!
This pregnancy has been hard- just like I remember Emmett's being- except harder. All day and night sickness plagued me for 3 months straight, which is really hard to get through when you're working graveyard shifts, have 3 kids to take care of, one of them being a crazy 1 year old, and then add primary president on top of it all.... Can I just say- I'm tired! I have honestly never been so tired for so long. Ever. The nausea and puking in random places has subsided for the most part, now that I'm closing in on half way through, although it still gets me some evenings, but the exhaustion is near debilitating at times. I guess the 2nd trimester energy boost doesn't apply to 4th children. I really am excited to have another little baby around, and to have a little buddy for Emmett. I am praying this kid is sturdy, so as to survive Emmett, but hopefully not 10 pounds 3 ounces sturdy- like Emmett was. Only time will tell!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh 4 kids. I can't imagine and yet I can. I just broke the news to Josh yesterday that I'd like 4 kids. Wait a while and have two more close together. We went from 2, to maybe 3, to for sure 3, to now probably 4. Kids are the best. And yet so much work. Plus I can totally relate to your pregnancy. I wish that my body didn't hate it quite so much. I can't wait to hear all about this little one!
Jim Gaffigan is spot on -- my albeit limited experience with 4 kids really does kinda feel like drowning. But I'm sure it will get better. Our 4th also came because of a very strong prompting (which surprised me because I was dead set against having another baby in Brooklyn). So far everything has been working out, and I'm sure it will for you, too. My first two are 26 months apart, and the last two are 24 months apart (there almost 3 years between the middle two). It's doable. You'll do great. :)
Post a Comment