18 November 2010

Confessions Of A Tired Mom.

This week I think I hit my personal record. 8 hours of sleep in 72 hours. 8 non-consecutive hours. After 48 hours awake, and 3 hours of sleep, I came home to my bed only to find one of my children had slept there. And had an accident.

So what did this tired mama do? She covered it with a blanket .... and I know what you're thinking...

Oh, you DIDN'T!

Oh.
Yes.
I.
Did.

I slept in a pee bed.

And then when I got up (after 4 hours of sleep) I went about my day and forgot all about the pee. Until the next morning after work, that is, when I laid my head down on my pillow and thought vaguely, "It smells like pee..." Just before I passed completely out.

So, yeah. I slept in pee sheets for 2 mornings in a row. On purpose. Don't judge me. I dare you to stay up for almost 3 straight days and see if you care where the hell you fall asleep.

My mother would kill over if she ever finds out.

P.S. I did wash the sheets finally. Now they smell like Tide. But I bet I sleep just as good tonight in Tide sheets as I did for 2 mornings in pee sheets. Go figure.

5 comments:

Jen and Allen said...

Sorry sweety. Where did Tim sleep...?

Angela said...

Could be worse right! Glad you got some sleep.

Rachel Dean-Dastrup said...

haha, I wont tell mom... but now I have blackmail over you. mwahahaha

The Shepherds said...

Katie as always you are a crack up! I haven't checked your blog in ages. Good for you....pee bed! lol.

Tevye said...

I'm gonna tell