Tim and my brother-in-law, Devin, surprised me and my sister, Rachel, with tickets to see Tim McGraw and Lady A at the USANA amphitheatre. We went to Simply Sushi beforehand, and both Tim and I, who were not super big fans of sushi before, have been converted. Park City Roll - that's all I have to say.
We got to the concert a little after it started, and were surprised to find that there was nowhere to sit. So we ended up in the very back, unable to see the stage let alone people on the stage. But that was OK - because we just laid our blankets down and people watched instead. I am a people watcher, and the only thing I regret about the evening was that I didn't bring my dark sunglasses so people couldn't tell I was staring at them.
For all our people watching, we've concluded that for our next concert experience, here's what we are going to do:
*Go eat sushi before. Of course.
*Lay our blankets on a grassy hill and put a Tim McGraw CD on with a little more bass than usual.
But to get the *true* concert experience we would also need to:
*Tie a stick to our hats, tie a cigarette onto the stick, light it, and then start a fan so that all the smoke blows right in our faces.
*Spill beer on our clothes, just so we could smell it and feel sticky.
*Have a slide show of "The People of Walmart" running across our computer screen.
But seriously, we had a blast. Also, seriously, I've been to quite a few country concerts and have never seen so much cellulite, cleavage, and drunk people all in one place. True story.

P.S. And just in case you're wondering, Tim McGraw really is as sexy on the gigantic projectile screen as he is in this picture.
1 comment:
True story! haha loved it. and being exhausted didn't have anything to do with how funny the whole thing was!
Post a Comment